A broad-mouthed bud vase for substantial or more spare, asymmetrical displays. One of five (5) contemporary forms produced in collaboration with designer Sam Anderson and exclusive to Flùr. Handmade from lightweight, shatter-resistant borosilicate glass. Available in clear, grey or green.
Display individually or combine with others from the series. Showcase fresh or dried materials and animate with single or mixed varieties. Propagate plant cuttings. Or, add interest to any surface with this striking silhouette on its own. A versatile everyday piece for the home, workplace or venue and an excellent gift. Includes a branded bottom and box.
Due to its shape, size and opening, this vase lends itself to the display of specific materials. We suggest:
- a bunch of dancing or voluminous panicled blooms (e.g., baby's breath or butterfly ranunculus);
- geranium, eucalyptus and other branching foliage;
- seven (or more) large single blooms on strong stems, arranged to one side or criss-crossed to form a base network — try tulips, dahlias, hydrangea or anthurium;
- up to three medium-sized dramatic branches of flowering/fruiting tree; and
- cuttings from a vine in need of propagation, pruning or admiration up close.
5.25" Ø x 7.5" h (4" opening)
Product designer Sam Anderson lives and works in Toronto, Canada. Her practice is grounded in observation, driven by the user and preoccupied with beautifying experiences that may be shared. She conceived the Gather Vases in 2014. Currently, Anderson is pursuing a master's degree in Environmental Planning which focuses on human-wildlife interaction.
Flowers are not included. Made by hand. Some variation is to be expected. Clean using a mild detergent and suitable brush or non-abrasive cloth.